House fires can break out for a wide range of reasons, and these include everything from grease fires while cooking in the kitchen to lightning striking the home.
A fire can rage through your home at a moment’s notice, and it can cause a significant amount of damage in a very short period of time. Damage from the flames, intense heat, smoke and soot can cause tens of thousands of dollars or more in some cases, and a severe fire event can result in a total loss for the homeowner.
With less sunlight, colder temperatures, and shorter days ahead, it’s a good time to cross those last-minute maintenance items off your homeowner to-do list.
Home generators are a leading cause of poisoning by carbon monoxide. Before turning yours on, follow these important safety tips.
Space heaters cause a disproportionate amount of damage in U.S. homes. Here are some facts and safety tips worth reading.
Want to change your home’s doorbell system? It’s a simple, do-it-yourself project.
You just bought a new home. Have you thought about who has keys for entry?
With the change of season, it’s a good time to make sure your home’s gutter system is clean and well-functioning.