If you have a flair for home decoration projects, Better Homes & Garden has some terrific ideas for you on its website.
Titled “Fast and Fabulous Decorating Projects”, the lifestyle company offers inspiration for 20 do-it-yourself art projects that can breathe life into old furniture, and add pop to your home.
Published in thumbnail format, the guide is quick-to-browse and long on ideas.
In addition, because many of the highlighted projects involve the re-purposing and/or the recycling of existing furniture and other home goods, not only do costs stay low, but it’s likely that you have the required project materials in your home already:
A sampling of the projects includes:
- Making bathrooms more private using stenciled window patterns
- Creating slip-covered, upholstered headboards
- Disguising less-than-perfect cabinet/cupboard doors with prints
- Transforming old mirrors and windows into functional message boards
- Decoupaging retro posters to revitalize old furniture
The projects range in difficulty from basic to advanced. Some require nothing more than scissors and glue; others require advanced skills in woodworking and sewing. There’s something for everyone.
View my listings at http://www.jonklein.com